Friday, April 11, 2008

I have housework ADD.

I start in the kitchen and then I need to go to another room to put something away, and then I start cleaning that room, which leads to putting something away in another room.... and at the end of the day I end up with a houseful of partially cleaned rooms. Arrrgggg! Why do I do this?! I need a little of Letti's and Amelia's clean house OCD. :) I'm trying to get it all clean so that I can go and get a steam cleaner, and come home and clean the carpets. It's all done now, but I think there is probably a quicker, more efficient way to clean house. So, if anyone has any good cleaning tips or if you know of a really good steam cleaner, let me know.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha I can't help. He he, I need to learn how to live out of bags, and stay organized. Amelia and Letti should be able to help.

Letti said...

Lynda I just started doing this and it has worked for me. Each time I clean a room I take a basket with me and I put everything that needs to go in another room in that basket. ThAT WAY i NEVER HAVE TO LEAVE THAT ROOM. (sorry for the caps) It makes a big difference. Then when the basket is full just take it to the next room and take out what belongs in the new room and then add the new stuff. I also like to clean my rooms in a clockwise motion. Hope this helps.

Amelia said...

good advice letti!!...i'm going to try that! i don't have any good ideas and i find myself having ADD too...i always leave rooms and start again in another room...it's definately not the most efficient way to get stuff done...but i really like letti's idea!

Michelle said...

Well I took Letti's Spring cleaning challenge myself and am almost done. Christian's room is tomorrow and I'm seriously scared!! I have the best idea though... get a house keeper! This procss of cleaning, deep cleaning stinks!! :) Don't worry I think we all do the room to room thing! :)

Sallie said...

I think the best Steam Cleaner is Hooover. Professionally I think Blackmon Mooring, however they can get pricey. I agree with the cleaning ADD I wish it was contagious.